Tuesday 28 January 2014

Taking the lead in your own learning. Good job, Heston!

I walked into class one day and the boys were crowding around me as usual, updating me of the happenings in class which I missed. I noticed a shy boy holding a piece of paper behind his back who waited till everyone is done saying their piece before showing me whatever he was holding. I was pleasantly surprised! Heston showed me 2 pieces of drawings, one of the human system and the other a plant system, which he had printed from home. Then, he painfully labelled all the parts which Miss Han had taught them. I took a snapshot of his work and showed it to Miss Han, who was beaming with pride too! It was then that I learnt that this wasn't an assigned homework, but Heston's initiative to pen down his learning. (not to mention that Miss Han has yet to start teaching the plant system at this point) Heston, we are proud of you! Keep it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment